Voter Registration Information
The deadline for registration is 15 days before any election. Your registration card must be received by the Meade County Auditor's Office by this deadline to vote in the next election. Registration cards post marked on the 15th day do not qualify as being received by the deadline.
You can register to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- You are a resident of South Dakota
- Not currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction which included imprisonment, served or suspended, in an adult penitentiary system
- You have not been judged mentally incompetent by a court of law